CMAS offers a place to post jobs related to atmospheric science, atmospheric modeling, meteorological modeling, and climate modeling. If you would like to post a job here, please email the job information to email@example.com. Make sure that you include an expiration date in your job description. If the position is hiring until filled, we will post it for 2 months, and you can ask to repost if needed.
PERMIT MODELING POSITION AT GEORGIA DNR [APPLY]
Georgia Department of Natural Resources - Environmental Protection Division - Air Protection Branch - Atlanta, GA
Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled.
This position is located in the Georgia Environmental Protection Division (EPD) - Air Protection Branch - Data and Modeling Unit (DMU). The DMU performs dispersion modeling to better understand the impacts of facility emissions on ambient air quality. Specifically, the DMU performs quarry modeling, toxic air pollutant modeling, and PSD modeling for issuance of air permits. In addition, DMU perform dispersion modeling for special projects. Modelers may be asked to utilize the following models: AERMOD, AERMET, AERMAP, AERSCREEN, AERSURFACE, BPIPPRIM, CALPUFF, ISC3, SCREEN3, and the Weather Research and Forecast (WRF) meteorological model. The successful candidate should have strong verbal and written communication skills.
Preference may be given to applicants with:
- Advanced degree (Master's or Ph.D.)
- Strong background in facility-level emission inventory development, meteorological modeling, and/or atmospheric chemistry
- Experience running air dispersion models (e.g., AERMOD, CALPUFF, ISC, SCREEN3)
- Familiarity with EPA rules and guidance related to air permitting and air permit modeling
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong background in scientific computer programming (FORTRAN, Python), database management (ACCESS, MYSQL), Geographic Information System (GIS)